If you have ever used a spiralizer, you will know that it opens up all your favourite spaghetti dishes for low carb ideas. They have become so popular now that major super markets are now selling ready spiralized Courgette and Butternut squash.
This recipe is so light and full of flavour, but with a generous helping of vegetarian protein to make sure you won’t be going hungry.
Ingredients (makes 1 portion)
- 1 handful of spiralled courgette
- 1 apple (granny smith, braeburn)
- dried cranberries
- crumbled goat cheese
- pine nuts and walnuts
- Your favourite vinaigrette dressing
In a large bowl, combine the arugula and dried cranberries. Sprinkle a pinch of salt and toss the ingredients. Using the thick setting, spiralize your apples and place them into the salad bowl. Mix all items until well incorporated. Top the salad with crumbled goat cheese, walnuts and pine nuts. Serve with vinaigrette.
Okay, this isn’t strictly a breakfast. In fact, you could make a batch of these and have them at any point of the day! They are so tasty and keep you full for a while because they are so high in quality protein.
1/2 cup of cottage cheese
2 tbs Unsweetened cocoa powder
1 scoop of Protein powder, chocolate
2-4 drops Peppermint extract (or to taste)
Small drizzle of maple syrup
Heaped teaspoon of coconut oil
1/2- 1 cup water (Alter this according to desired consistency)
Throw everything in a blender and blend until smooth, refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
I have had some people look quite surprised at the combination of Salmon and Chorizo, but I have to say it is of the most amazing combinations of flavors I have ever tasted.
An insanely delicious recipe that can actually be in the high or low carb column, depending on what you serve it with. For example if you want to make it one of your high carb meals you could serve it with a sweet potato and vegetables or if you want to keep it low carb you could simply serve it with a mixed salad.
4 tbsp butter, room temperature
1 tsp dried parsley
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp salt
2 chicken breasts
4 tbsp ground almonds
4 tbsp desiccated coconut
1) Pre-heat the oven to 220°C. Mix the parsley, garlic and salt into butter, place in some cling film and roll into a cylinder. Refrigerate.
2) Beat the chicken breasts flat with a meat hammer or rolling pin. Chop the sweet potatoes in to wedges, toss with some oil and then place on a baking tray in the oven for 30 mins.
3) Place a piece of the garlic butter on the chicken and fold the sides over and then roll up. Dip into the ground almonds, then the beaten egg and then the coconut.
4) In a frying pan, heat 2 tbsp of oil in a frying pan, place the Kiev’s fold side down in to the pan. Brown on all sides then place in the oven for 10- 15mins or until cooked through.
**obviously feel free to serve with green salad, veggies etc…